Blackjack gets taken to new heights thanks to this exciting new variant at Britain’s Got Talent Games! Combining two popular yet simple games, Hi Lo Blackjack ups the ante of traditional blackjack whilst offering you loads more chances to win BIG. Get stuck in today!
Expect blackjack at its best in this immersive online game at BGT games, where you can STILL be a winner – regardless of your first card! You’ll love the Hi Lo side option in this game, since it’ll give you the chance to bet on whether your second card will be higher or lower than your first. More choice means more fun and more funds!
How To Play
It couldn’t be any easier getting to grips with Hi Lo Blackjack. At the start of every new game, 6 decks of cards are shuffled, after which you’ll need to place your bets! To do so, SELECT CHIPS by clicking on the valued chips, then PLACE YOUR CHIPS by clicking on any of the bet boxes (including Hi and Lo). On desktop and tablet, you can bet on up to 5 boxes (plus another 5 for Hi Lo), and up to 3 (plus another 3 for Hi Lo) on mobile. To place a Hi Lo side bet, you must have bet on its corresponding Blackjack box. The following buttons will also be a huge help as you play:
- DOUBLE – doubles the value of the bets on every box up to the table maximum
- UNDO – removes chips from the bet boxes in the order they were placed in
- CLEAR ALL – removes all bets in one go (not available on mobile)
- DEAL – starts the game!
Hi Lo Gameplay
The Hi Lo feature of this blackjack game allows you to bet on whether your second card from the dealer will be higher or lower than your first. To do this, place a bet on HI or LO. Guess correctly and your winnings will be paid out immediately, with no impact on the main Blackjack game itself.
- You WIN the side bet if:
- You have a 2 card total of 21 (Blackjack)
- Your first card is an Ace + your second card is not
- You guess correctly (2 to King only)
- You LOSE the side bet if:
- Your second card is an Ace + your first card is not
- You guess incorrectly (2 to King only)
- A PUSH occurs if:
- Both your cards are Aces (at which your side bet will be returned)
The main Blackjack game carries on once all your cards have been dealt, and any Hi Lo winnings have been paid out. As with every other blackjack game, your aim whilst playing is to get as close to 21 as possible to beat the dealer hand, without going over 21. The following buttons will come in very handy during this main game:
- HIT – press if you want to draw another card on a hand
- STAND – use this if you want to finish a hand
- DOUBLE – this is offered once per hand + will double your bet if you use it
- SPLIT – if your first 2 cards are the same value/type then you can split to create two hands (which will take a further bet from you)
- INSURANCE – if the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace, you’ll be offered insurance equal to half the initial bet
- EVEN MONEY – if you have Blackjack and the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace, you can choose to take even money for your hand (in case the dealer has Blackjack too, which would result in a push)
- REPEAT/DEAL – this is available at the end of a completed game and mimics the previous game’s stakes
- REPEAT – also available at the end of a completed game, this option mimics the previous game’s bets but allows you to make changes before hitting DEAL
The dealer will reveal the face-down card once all your hands are complete, and continue drawing until the value is 17 or greater. The dealer will always stand on 17. Outcomes and payouts are as follows:
- A PUSH occurs if:
- You and the dealer have hands with the same value (and your bet is returned)
- You WIN if:
- The dealer’s hand is above 21 and yours isn’t
- The dealer’s hand is below 21 but lower in total than yours (as long as you haven’t exceeded 21!)
- You LOSE if:
- Your total is above 21
- The dealer’s total is below 21 but higher than yours
Return To Player
The game has a theoretical RTP of 99.59% which means for every £100 wagered it will pay out £99.59. For the Hi Lo side bet, RTP is 97.92%.